How will this role have an impact?
The Nurse Practitioner will have experience working in multidisciplinary teams, the ability to practice autonomously and the desire to positively impact member healthcare outcomes. While there are many goals of this program, the overriding goal is to improve the quality of life for the member by reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and emergency rooms visits.
Signify Health is focused on improving the quality of life for Health Plan Members through effective care coordination and best in class care management. The Signify Health Care Management Program is for health plan members residing in long term or supportive care facilities.
This role will report to our Clinical Network Manager.
What will you do?
- Conduct regular in person follow-up with members and/or caregivers, as well as appropriate medical staff based on care needs identified during clinical assessments
- Partner with Signify Health, the health plan and providers to help coordinate both internal and external resources to meet the member’s identified needs and to manage the member’s plan of care
- Quickly responds to urgent/emergent conditions and hospital admissions to ensure that the member receives the appropriate care in the appropriate setting
- Assist with improvement to work processes and commits to a focus on continuous improvement of workflow processes and procedures
- Attend meetings, training sessions and participates on committees as requested
- Possess a strong knowledge of clinical procedures, standards and quality control checks
- Possess a strong knowledge of medical conditions, interventions, treatment and medications
- Provide members, caregivers and facility education
- Monitor the quality of member’s care and updates plan of care
- Identify/implement cost-effective approaches and interventions
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
We are looking for someone with:
- APRN with license in good standing
- Home Care or Long-Term Care experience, preferred
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management a plus
- Bi or multilingual ability a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ clinical experience working with complex adult populations
- Understanding and ability to apply principals of Care Management and individualized care planning
- Prior experience in Family Medicine, Geriatrics, and Psychiatry preferred
- Understanding of issues related to communication, cognitive or other barriers
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from members, providers, team members and managers
Signify Health is helping build the healthcare system we all want to experience by transforming the home into the healthcare hub. We coordinate care holistically across individuals’ clinical, social, and behavioral needs so they can enjoy more healthy days at home. By building strong connections to primary care providers and community resources, we’re able to close critical care and social gaps, as well as manage risk for individuals who need help the most. This leads to better outcomes and a better experience for everyone involved.
Our high-performance networks are powered by more than 9,000 mobile doctors and nurses covering every county in the U.S., 3,500 healthcare providers and facilities in value-based arrangements, and hundreds of community-based organizations. Signify’s intelligent technology and decision-support services enable these resources to radically simplify care coordination for more than 1.5 million individuals each year while helping payers and providers more effectively implement value-based care programs.
To learn more about how we’re driving outcomes and making healthcare work better, please visit us at www.signifyhealth.com.